– Oversees management of company’s operation to produce products in the most cost effective manner within quality standards. Responsible for achieving optimum labor and least amount of overhead and raw material costs.
– Coordinate and manage staff personnel, facilitate interdepartmental communications and suggest or allocate tasks and resources as necessary with the HR manager.
– Gather and link information, resolve discrepancies, and make strategic recommendations.
– Ensures inventory and shipping/receiving functions are operating at levels which meet company’s needs.
– Maintains updates, develops and implements SOPs for all Production Departments.
– Ensure that quality systems and processes are in place to consistently produce quality products according to material specifications and manufacturing SOP’s.
– Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
– Moves towards implementing lean practices (such error proofing in shipping input of employees, waster, bottlenecks, etc.).
– Identifies methods and resources for improvement based on operational needs a capability.
– Manages the transportation logistics and ensures that the export/import functions to and from the labs and to the customers run seamlessly.
– Directs activities so that dental products are manufactured on scheduled and within quality standards and cost objectives.
– Prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously.
– Ensure cross functional development and assist in the consolidation and integration of process and manufacturing functions.
– Ability to develop and enforce all company policies and procedures. The operations manager needs to be aware that company policies and standard operational procedures (SOPs) must be followed up and practiced in compliance with GMP’s and ISO Guidelines
– Provides operational expertise in the areas of process design, quality improvement, logistics, and change management
– Identifies methods and resources for improvement based on operational needs and capability
– Asses effectiveness and maximize productivity opportunities that lead to continuous improvement
– Directs the activities of the Drivers, and ensures that the export/import functions run seamlessly
– Builds, develops, and manages subordinate management team capable of carrying out needed operational initiatives
– Facility Management
– Maintenance of buildings
– New construction and building projects
– Maintenance of major equipment
– Installation of new equipment.