JOB PURPOSE :
Experienced RF Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design; implementation and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITES :
The general tasks include:
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities
• Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
• Ensure data integrity of various morphology/topography databases and drive test data for model calibration
• Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• Understand equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators
• Perform inter-modulation analysis
• Perform site candidate evaluation
• Verify RF related site engineering drawings
• Perform co-channel and adjacent channel interference testing and analysis
• Perform radio network design and optimization for high capacity wireless networks using GSM, UMTS and LTE technologies.
• Lead resource for routine monitoring and review of Radio Network Related Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Support the RF teams regarding GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE optimization, parameter setting and performance issues.
• Interface with other regional functional teams such as: RF planning, RAN engineering, In-building, and UMTS/LTE Design group.
• Perform New Network Design for Green Field Operator and Network Expansion activities aligned with Presales team.
• Competence/Knowledge Transfer and lead by Example.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• University degree or technical college qualifications in telecommunications, electronic engineering, computer science or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
• Good knowledge of the cellular system concept and Ericsson 2G/3G/LTE products (preferable have 3+ years experience in GSM/WCDMA cellular system).
• Detail knowledge of network performance techniques, especially in relation to cellular networks.
• Independent, self-motivated, and well organised with an analytical mind.
• Co-operative, open to continuous change and varying degrees of responsibility.
• Excellent Team Player
– GOOD GSM/CDMA/UMTS Technology Basic Module
– GOOD Radio Compulsory Module