Demand Planning – Purchasing Manager
Demand Planning :
– Develop sales forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for sales forecast & demand supply planning regions and nationwide.
– Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
– Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing activities assumptions.
– Interact with sales, marketing, and Product management to understand demand forecast drivers.
– Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and
Product Management to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
– Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on
existing items, stock item, C-item, new products, and product phase-outs.
– Responsible for strategic and advanced purchasing activities within Purchasing Dept. while ensuring compliance with overall objectives and strategies of the company
– Lead general Supplier affairs, e.g. Claim Management, Analysis of potential Suppliers and Resourcing, Continuous Improvement Process, Financial Improvement Processes etc.
– Delivering budget control /management of annual cost reduction targets
– Set-up of Team Structure (where applicable) to support the Company short term and long term target.
– Work with management, sales and team members to build up a reliable forecasting plan.
– Manage, motivate and develop Team Members
– Support of proper Plan and/or Buy decisions
– Be a leader who demonstrates determination, energy and enthusiasm. You will have an open and flexible approach, willing to work in a constantly evolving /growing environment and relish a challenge