2 Job Purpose
The Technician 1st Level Ops is typically working with service layer functionality activities associated to the process areas.
3 Principal Accountabilities
• Be able to perform Alarm Surveillance, Trouble Ticket Management, Change Management Monitoring for 1st Level Service Restoration Activities.
• Be able to manage complaints from Customer Care.
• Be able to ensure Adherence to all Processes.
• Be responsible to escalate within the department / group as well as to service support units (ASP) / supplier partner functions so that service layer may be maintained at specified level.
• Be able to execute 1st Level Ops activities and routines according to schedules defined by Shift Team Leaders/NOC Manager.
• Be able to send/receive/follow up with trouble reports sent to the delivery units/supplier/customer.
• Be responsible for Remote Service Corrective, Preventive Maintenance.
• Ensure attendance to be on time according to 24/7 Rotation Shift Roster.
• Ensure all relevant information is captured and communicated during shift handover.
• Monitoring of all alarms on Core PS, Core CS, RAN 2G, RAN 3G, MPBN, VAS and Transmission via NMS when required.
• Trouble reporting of creation, update and closure of generated alarms and complaints.
• Ensure the quality of the content in trouble ticket is maintained.
• 1st line trouble shooting of generated alarms and complaints.
• Fault Escalation to relevant parties/delivery units.
• Ensure inter working relationship and co-ordination of Fault origins with other Vendors.
• Ensure Management Escalation and Updates of Critical/Major Network problems per the notification and escalation process.
• Ensure the operative performance at specified level according to the contractual SLA and KPI.
** Job Requirement:
Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or telecommunication related fields.
5.2 Pertinent Experience
Hands on experience in the operation, implementation or project management of telecommunication projects specifically in the implementation of core and access network equipment.
6.1 Professional/ Technical Competence
• GOOD knowledge of market dimension (customer, competitor and suppliers) particularly on the telecom industry
• GOOD understanding on troubleshooting
6.2 Business Competence
• HIGHLY DEVELOPED English language skill (spoken and written)
• HIGHLY DEVELOPED Ericsson Knowledge
• GOOD knowledge and skill in IS/IT usage
6.3 Human Competence
• HIGHLY DEVELOPED Leadership skills, specifically to be Business Manager, Relationship Builder, Innovator and Competence Developer
• HIGHLY DEVELOPED knowledge and skill in Negotiation and Communication skills (Presentation, Interpersonal, Influencing)