Merchandise Team Leader
• The Merchandise Team Leader will perform a key management role in the link between 8 Merchandisers in the Team and Suppliers.
• Monitor Merchandise Team in activities of meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork.
• Merchandise Team Leader must make sure that all product categories appear in the right store and on a website at the appropriate time and in the correct quantities.
• He/She also works closely with the buying teams to accurately plan stock level, forecast trend and monitor performance.
• Decide how much money should be spent, how many lines should be bought, in what quantities, delivery and distribution of stock and deal with suppliers.
• Manage day-to-day production tracking, Merchandise Members in the category status, annual target sales, gross profitability and track production performance.
• Proactively address potential products to orientate for each Merchandisers to expand the e-commerce/ online shopping with departmental management.
• Take initiatives to assure that products categories, promotion, product prices are competitive in the e-commerce/ online shopping.
• Identify Supply and Production problems and dealing with any difficulties or delay as they arise.
• Forecast profits and sales, and optimise the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas.
• Daily/monthly report to Merchandise Manager.
• The capability to work well in a team, build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
• The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out budgets and understand sales targets.
• Strong commercial acumen and the ability to understand what will appeal to customers.
• Sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan and prioritise.
• Good at communication and negotiation skills.
• Have exeprience in retail online shopping is a plus.
• “Can-do” attitude & forward thinking.
• College or University Graduation.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of Buying/ Purchasing, Product Categories, Demand Planning & Purchasing positions for E-comerce/ Online Retailers/ Online Shopping or Offline Store/ Supermarket.
• 1 year of experience of Team Leader or Supervisor position.
• Good knowlegde in Home Furniture/Kitchenware/Mom – Babe Items is a plus.
• Have exeprience in e-commerce/ online shopping industry is a plus.