– Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to it
– Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives
– Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies.
– Review inventories and order as required.
– Interact with the suppliers on a day to day basis.
– Track the status of any orders.
– Choosing the suppliers that the company will deal with and maintaining the legal interaction with them.
– Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
– Manage any procurement activities
– Proven working experience as purchasing officer
– Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
– A knack for negotiation and networking
– Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
– Solid judgement along with decision making skills