Country Program Manager (Construction)
The Country Program Manager, based in Ho Chi Minh City and reporting to the Organization Program Director Cotton and Apparel with regular connection with the Organization in Vietnam. Country Program Manager, is responsible for the successful implementation of Organization’s apparel and footwear program in Vietnam. The Program Manager will work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the Vietnam Government and the Vietnam apparel and footwear industry.
Core Job Functions
1. Strategic program development (especially the first 6-12 months)
– Contribute constructively to strategic planning.
– Supports the development of the program.
2. Program management
– Responsibility for ensuring targeted results and impact in the development and implementation of the program with operational support and guidance from Organization’s HQ Program Management.
– Run the required Vietnam program facilitation, administration, and reporting within the overall regional structure.
– Manages contracts with implementing partners, engineers, and consultants (with legal and administrative support of the Organization’s Operations team in Utrecht).
3. Stakeholder management and networking
– Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the relevant network in the sector.
– Manage and support public sector engagement.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of seven key criteria:
– Deep technical knowledge of Vietnamese apparel and footwear industry is a huge plus.
– Strong track record in OH&S, especially related to building, electrical, and fire safety.
– At least 5 years experience on senior sourcing, manufacturing or sustainability level in the sector.
– Strong knowledge of and working relationship with the Vietnam government in this sector.
– Able to manage programs with an inclusive attitude diverse group of stakeholders, define common goals and implement actions able to act both on a strategic level and an operational level.
– Able to address implementation issues and resolve conflict.
– Fluent in Vietnamese and English.
Supporting the requirements
– Experience in apparel and footwear supply chain and operational manufacturing processes.
– Experience with construction and/or building codes.
– Works to achieve agreed objectives and is accountable for meeting or exceeding them.
– Plans and manages own time effectively.
– Track record in process management and change management.
– Working and thinking at Master degree level.
– Experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
– National and regional travel may be required (up to 25%)
NIC’s client offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours per week.