Front Office Engineer – NOC Engineer
1 Job Purpose
The Front Office Engineer is typically working with service layer functionality activities associated to the process areas.
2 Principal Accountabilities
• Be able to perform Alarm Surveillance, Trouble Ticket Management, Change Management Monitoring for 1st Level Service Restoration Activities.
• Be able to manage complaints from Customer Care.
• Be able to ensure Adherence to all Processes.
• Be responsible to escalate within the department / group as well as to service support units (ASP) / supplier partner functions so that service layer may be maintained at specified level.
• Be able to execute Front office activities and routines according to schedules defined by Shift Team Leaders/NOC Manager.
• Be able to send/receive/follow up with trouble reports sent to the delivery units/supplier/customer.
• Be responsible for Remote Service Corrective, Preventive Maintenance.
• Ensure attendance to be on time according to 24/7 Rotation Shift Roster.
• Ensure all relevant information is captured and communicated during shift handover.
• Monitoring of all alarms on MSS, BSS, GPRS, MPBN, Transmission via NMS, VAS Nodes when required.
• Trouble reporting of creation, update and closure of generated alarms and complaints.
• Ensure the quality of the content in trouble ticket is maintained.
• 1st line trouble shooting of generated alarms and complaints.
• Fault Escalation to relevant parties/delivery units
• Ensure inter working relationship and co-ordination of Fault origins with other Vendors.
• Ensure Management Escalation and Updates of Critical/Major Network problems per the notification and escalation process.
• Ensure the operative performance at specified level according to the contractual SLA and KPI.
3. 1 Professional/ Technical Competence
• GOOD knowledge of market dimension (customer, competitor and suppliers) particularly on the telecom industry
• GOOD understanding on troubleshooting
3.2 Business Competence
• HIGHLY DEVELOPED English language
Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or telecommunication related fields.
3.4 Pertinent Experience
Minimum 3+ years of hands on experience in the operation, implementation or project management of telecommunication projects specifically in the implementation of core and access network equipment.