Senior Legal Officer
• Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department
• Deciding and initiating action: makes effective decisions even under difficult circumstances. Takes responsibility and shows initiative.
• Leading and supervising: provides others with clear direction. Establishes standards of behaviour for others and motivates and empowers individuals.
• Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
• Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
• Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
• Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
• Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
• Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
• Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
• Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
• Strong leadership and managerial skills.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
• Fluent in verbal and written Vietnamese and English (required).
• Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters.
• Independent judgment/decision making/problem solving skills.
• Strong ability to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
• Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
• College or University Graduation in Law Major.
• Lawyer Certificate (Legal Practicing Certificate) of one Bar Association.
• At least 2 years experience in law-firm or corporate.
• Strong knowledge of Vietnam Law and Enterprise Law.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.