Senior Database Developer
– Participate in solution design and development of database solutions.
– Responsible for managing bespoke database in a SQL Server environment, including creation and monitoring of content databases, log files, backup, replication, etc.
– Manage user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security
– Transform, cleanse, and distribute data into applications, databases, and data warehouses.
– Implement models using appropriate data techniques.
– Extract and mine data using SQL.
– Optimise and streamline Stored Procedures and Views.
– Provide technical assistance, troubleshooting and resolutions to data-related issues for new and existing systems.
– Working as part of a larger conversion team to convert data from a legacy system to the current database
– Assess the impact of change requests, and develop solutions and mitigation strategies
– Interpret business requirements and provide systems/technical documentation
– Work as an effective team member; share knowledge and information with the team and assist others in meeting team priorities
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
– Strong attention to detail, analytical and conceptual thinker
– A flexible and respectful approach in liaising with colleagues
– An ability to relate to people at all levels
– “Trainable” with the ability to quickly learn different types of technologies
– Enthusiastic, “can do” attitude!
– Always striving to develop both personally and professionally!