Java Developer – $1.400 – $1.700
• The Application Designer is responsible for the overall Design, Development, Testing, Debugging, Warranty Support and build of the custom elements of the solution.
• Work closely with Onshore SME/Application Designer in solution designing and providing technical oversight to developers for delivering the complete solution for the customer.
• Ideally has exposure to design and development of user interfaces in Java as well as experience within financial services organizations
• Advocate the best practices to ensure delivery of robust applications that follow architectural processes and direction.
• Participates and shares Functional/Technical knowledge with the rest of the team and able to communicate architectural solutions effectively to the team.
• Understand the requirements for new project initiatives, medium to high complexity enhancements, participate in design and complete the development and unit testing.
• Ensure that new systems are built in a way that best ensures that functional requirements are met whilst also ensure that service qualities (Performance, scalability, extensibility etc) for now and for the future are achievable.
• Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement for existing systems.
• Provides solutions to technical issues, and are responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
• Anticipates design risks and implements mitigation strategies
• 3-5 years of experience in design and development of complex systems based on J2EE framework.
• Strong communication with both technical and business teams
• Should have extremely good knowledge on SDLC processes
• Should possess sound knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies
• Hands on experience in Tomcat and Weblogic /Websphere servers, Eclipse IDE
• Experience on JUNIT and build tools like ANT, Maven
• Good to have knowledge/ experience on Oracle & ETL tools, Enterprise Service Bus
• Should have good grip on non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
• Technological evangelization, sharp sense of communication
• Critical reasoning skills, Decision making skills
• Very high commitment levels and willing to work in any shift timings.
• Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
• Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries in particular Group Insurance would be an asset.
• Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
• LOMA certifications.
• Excellent English both speaking and writing